The Scene

Discussion of the art and craft of improvisation.

Moderators: happywaffle, arclight, bradisntclever

The Scene

Postby Pdyx » September 17th, 2010, 4:08 pm

Forgive me if someone else pointed this out already, but I've started listening to a new podcast out of iO West in LA called 'The Scene.'

There's only two episodes so far, but they mention Austin improv in both of them. The format is the host (Michael Garcia) sits down with a guest and interviews them about their take on improv.

http://www.kinetikdigital.com/thescene/podcast.xml
Pdyx

Postby Rev. Jordan T. Maxwell » September 17th, 2010, 5:25 pm

i've gotten to see Brian perform and chatted with him a couple of times (never in depth, unfortunately. after shows and at the bar at iO). seemed like a cool guy and great improviser, so nice to hear some of his thoughts, especially on the L.A. scene (sort of a post mortem as i depart it, lol). good stuff!
Sweetness Prevails.

-the Reverend
Rev. Jordan T. Maxwell

Postby Roy Janik » September 17th, 2010, 5:35 pm

I got a shout-out in the first one!
Roy Janik

Postby Rev. Jordan T. Maxwell » September 17th, 2010, 6:09 pm

Roy Janik wrote:I got a shout-out in the first one!

lol. i corrected them on their pronunciation when they said your name. even though they couldn't hear me. i want my podcasts more interactive! and...y'know...time traveling. :p

i didn't even realize i'd met Annie at OOB until they started talking about it! she and Levin were in the set after Jeff and me, so we got to chat in the green room for a bit. she's awesome! very friendly. :)

i've been thinking about Brian's all star line up...i don't know basketball as well, but now i'm trying to think of what mine would be. lol
Sweetness Prevails.

-the Reverend
Rev. Jordan T. Maxwell

Postby Chuy! » September 17th, 2010, 10:23 pm

If you want an interactive podcast, check out www.totallyhungover.com... it is a podcast by 3 Austin comedians named Matt Sadler, Blynch, and what? Chuy Zarate... all 3 if you are on my list to come be guests... NOW THAT'S INTERACTIVE!
Chicken Fried Steak and all that...
-CHUY!
Chuy!

Postby Adan » September 18th, 2010, 10:20 am

mmm.... podcasts. <burp> more please!
I'm in luv wit mah money.
Adan

Return to Improv Theory & Practice