Most and least accurate troupe names

Improvisors behaving badly.

Moderators: happywaffle, arclight

Postby Brad Hawkins » September 30th, 2012, 11:45 am

INACCURATE: While the Available Cupholders may indeed sometimes hold cups, several of them are in fact married.
The silver knives are flashing in the tired old cafe. A ghost climbs on the table in a bridal negligee. She says "My body is the life; my body is the way." I raise my arm against it all and I catch the bride's bouquet.
User avatar
Brad Hawkins
 
Posts: 1168
Joined: August 2nd, 2010, 10:43 am
Location: Austin, TX

Postby Asaf » October 2nd, 2012, 12:51 am

BAD BOYS have never collectively or individually pissed off anyone.

GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS are more mature than their name infers.
User avatar
Asaf
 
Posts: 2770
Joined: October 23rd, 2006, 4:45 pm
Location: somewhere without a car

Postby Rev. Jordan T. Maxwell » October 2nd, 2012, 9:16 am

Asaf wrote:GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS are more mature than their name infers.


plus, all their penises...
Sweetness Prevails.

-the Reverend
User avatar
Rev. Jordan T. Maxwell
 
Posts: 4215
Joined: March 17th, 2006, 6:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Postby Brad Hawkins » October 2nd, 2012, 10:51 am

Rev. Jordan T. Maxwell wrote:
Asaf wrote:GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS are more mature than their name infers.


plus, all their penises...


Speaking of which, Jordan, I think you hold the record for the LEAST accurate troupe name...


(I'm speaking, of course, of 710 Split, neither of whose members are even CLOSE to that tall.)
The silver knives are flashing in the tired old cafe. A ghost climbs on the table in a bridal negligee. She says "My body is the life; my body is the way." I raise my arm against it all and I catch the bride's bouquet.
User avatar
Brad Hawkins
 
Posts: 1168
Joined: August 2nd, 2010, 10:43 am
Location: Austin, TX

Postby Rev. Jordan T. Maxwell » October 2nd, 2012, 11:30 am

Indigo Shift is really more of a lavender hue...
Sweetness Prevails.

-the Reverend
User avatar
Rev. Jordan T. Maxwell
 
Posts: 4215
Joined: March 17th, 2006, 6:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Yup

Postby Ryan Hill » October 3rd, 2012, 9:58 am

The Seven Eight Sevens...

There used to be seven of us, but there are currently six of us...
"The raft is used to cross the river. It isn't to be carried around on your shoulders. The finger which points at the moon isn't the moon itself."
— Thich Nhat Hanh
User avatar
Ryan Hill
 
Posts: 475
Joined: August 16th, 2011, 9:38 am
Location: Austin

Re: Yup

Postby thedward » October 3rd, 2012, 10:12 am

Ryan Hill wrote:The Seven Eight Sevens...

There used to be seven of us, but there are currently six of us...


So, now you're 781 short.
Thedward Blevins <23@thedward.org>
User avatar
thedward
 
Posts: 231
Joined: August 5th, 2010, 8:53 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Postby Brad Hawkins » October 3rd, 2012, 12:02 pm

Squirrel Buddies, Goat, Stag Comedy, Stool Pigeon, The Cubbies, and Rhino Dino are all human beings.
The silver knives are flashing in the tired old cafe. A ghost climbs on the table in a bridal negligee. She says "My body is the life; my body is the way." I raise my arm against it all and I catch the bride's bouquet.
User avatar
Brad Hawkins
 
Posts: 1168
Joined: August 2nd, 2010, 10:43 am
Location: Austin, TX

Postby Rev. Jordan T. Maxwell » October 3rd, 2012, 12:13 pm

The Great Mundane was both.
Sweetness Prevails.

-the Reverend
User avatar
Rev. Jordan T. Maxwell
 
Posts: 4215
Joined: March 17th, 2006, 6:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Postby kaci_beeler » October 3rd, 2012, 12:57 pm

Asaf wrote:BAD BOYS have never collectively or individually pissed off anyone.


They did break one of my chairs during OOB this year...but I guess I wasn't PISSED.
User avatar
kaci_beeler
 
Posts: 2151
Joined: September 4th, 2005, 10:27 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Postby Rev. Jordan T. Maxwell » October 3rd, 2012, 1:24 pm

i was trying to think of something to do with Baxter and Bernard...and finally figured out the significance of the name, and why their butler is named Meredith. it felt like solving a puzzle i didn't even know i was working on! heh...

::walks away, whistling Family Ties them::
Sweetness Prevails.

-the Reverend
User avatar
Rev. Jordan T. Maxwell
 
Posts: 4215
Joined: March 17th, 2006, 6:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Postby Jeff » October 8th, 2012, 1:12 am

Rev. Jordan T. Maxwell wrote:i was trying to think of something to do with Baxter and Bernard...and finally figured out the significance of the name, and why their butler is named Meredith. it felt like solving a puzzle i didn't even know i was working on! heh...

::walks away, whistling Family Ties them::


Awesome

(I'm going to go ahead and take credit for that. I came up with the butler's name!)
User avatar
Jeff
 
Posts: 2257
Joined: April 22nd, 2007, 3:15 am

Postby Rev. Jordan T. Maxwell » October 8th, 2012, 9:21 am

Jeff wrote:
Rev. Jordan T. Maxwell wrote:i was trying to think of something to do with Baxter and Bernard...and finally figured out the significance of the name, and why their butler is named Meredith. it felt like solving a puzzle i didn't even know i was working on! heh...

::walks away, whistling Family Ties them::


Awesome

(I'm going to go ahead and take credit for that. I came up with the butler's name!)


was it intentional, or just awesome serendipity?
Sweetness Prevails.

-the Reverend
User avatar
Rev. Jordan T. Maxwell
 
Posts: 4215
Joined: March 17th, 2006, 6:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Postby Mike » October 8th, 2012, 10:29 am

Rev. Jordan T. Maxwell wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Rev. Jordan T. Maxwell wrote:i was trying to think of something to do with Baxter and Bernard...and finally figured out the significance of the name, and why their butler is named Meredith. it felt like solving a puzzle i didn't even know i was working on! heh...

::walks away, whistling Family Ties them::


Awesome

(I'm going to go ahead and take credit for that. I came up with the butler's name!)


was it intentional, or just awesome serendipity?


Wasn't her full name : Meredith Baxter-Birney?
User avatar
Mike
 
Posts: 941
Joined: February 25th, 2006, 2:49 am
Location: Round Rock

Postby Rev. Jordan T. Maxwell » October 8th, 2012, 11:14 am

Mike wrote:
Rev. Jordan T. Maxwell wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Rev. Jordan T. Maxwell wrote:i was trying to think of something to do with Baxter and Bernard...and finally figured out the significance of the name, and why their butler is named Meredith. it felt like solving a puzzle i didn't even know i was working on! heh...

::walks away, whistling Family Ties them::


Awesome

(I'm going to go ahead and take credit for that. I came up with the butler's name!)


was it intentional, or just awesome serendipity?


Wasn't her full name : Meredith Baxter-Birney?


it was back then. which is what i thought the joke was. Meredith, Baxter, Bernie (short for Bernard). now she's just Meredith Baxter.
Sweetness Prevails.

-the Reverend
User avatar
Rev. Jordan T. Maxwell
 
Posts: 4215
Joined: March 17th, 2006, 6:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

PreviousNext

Return to Major Havoc

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron