Page 2 of 3

PostPosted: September 9th, 2011, 10:42 am
by EAC
Hey, those of you who are Austin transplants from other cities, what is a good bar that has NFL Sunday Ticket for watching out-of-town games? Gotta see my Ravens take down the Squealers on Sunday (and anyone is welcome to join me).

PostPosted: September 9th, 2011, 6:08 pm
by bradisntclever
EAC wrote:Hey, those of you who are Austin transplants from other cities, what is a good bar that has NFL Sunday Ticket for watching out-of-town games? Gotta see my Ravens take down the Squealers on Sunday (and anyone is welcome to join me).


There's usually a pretty decent Ravens contingent upstairs at the Tavern.

PostPosted: September 11th, 2011, 4:26 pm
by EAC
bradisntclever wrote:There's usually a pretty decent Ravens contingent upstairs at the Tavern.


Wow, you weren't kidding! Thanks for the tip.

PostPosted: September 11th, 2011, 4:49 pm
by shando
Chiefs==ugh, that was fucking terrible.

My only consolation is that other good teams like the Steelers, Falcons, and Colts got their asses whooped today as well.

PostPosted: September 11th, 2011, 6:15 pm
by bradisntclever
EAC wrote:
bradisntclever wrote:There's usually a pretty decent Ravens contingent upstairs at the Tavern.


Wow, you weren't kidding! Thanks for the tip.


You're welcome. I'm not even a Ravens fan, but I couldn't forget how vocal they were last year when I happened to be there during a game.

PostPosted: September 19th, 2011, 2:31 am
by mpbrockman
shando wrote:Chiefs...


My heartfelt condolences, Shannon. Berry, Moeaki, Charles...

If it helps my Vikes are 0-2, too (heartbreaker against TB). Gonna be a long, painful season...

PostPosted: September 19th, 2011, 9:21 am
by B. Tribe
Is there a Giants oriented sports bar in town?

PostPosted: September 19th, 2011, 9:27 am
by shando
mpbrockman wrote:
shando wrote:Chiefs...


My heartfelt condolences, Shannon. Berry, Moeaki, Charles...

If it helps my Vikes are 0-2, too (heartbreaker against TB). Gonna be a long, painful season...


I think they misunderstood when they heard that it was ACL weekend recently.

Jeebus, from division winners last year to probably the worst team in the NFL right now. Ick ick ick. Haley will be lucky to have a job in a couple weeks. It's not about the injuries, this team ain't playing like a team.

PostPosted: September 19th, 2011, 10:17 am
by mpbrockman
shando wrote:I think they misunderstood when they heard that it was ACL weekend recently.


Ha! Sorry, but that was funny.

I can only imagine how many fantasy teams just tanked too. Charles was a beast for me last year.

PostPosted: September 21st, 2011, 6:52 pm
by York99
B. Tribe wrote:Is there a Giants oriented sports bar in town?


There's a There Might Be Giants sports bar on West 4th downtown.

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2011, 8:11 am
by B. Tribe
YOOOOORRRRK!!!!

PostPosted: December 27th, 2011, 12:15 am
by arthursimone
Drew Brees is a god. Discuss.

PostPosted: December 27th, 2011, 8:37 am
by B. Tribe
arthursimone wrote:Drew Brees is a god. Discuss.


It's a Quarterback league these days. Everybody is busting records. Brees is busting them better than everyone else, though.

PostPosted: December 27th, 2011, 12:29 pm
by happywaffle
B. Tribe wrote:
arthursimone wrote:Drew Brees is a god. Discuss.


It's a Quarterback league these days. Everybody is busting records. Brees is busting them better than everyone else, though.


Correct. Tom Brady's not even that far behind.

PostPosted: December 27th, 2011, 12:31 pm
by Rev. Jordan T. Maxwell
and how about that Aaron Rodgers, huh?

(sorry, just recently got recruited as a Packers fan, i don't know the proper protocol on these things...)