Best Show Lines 2012

Anything about the AIC itself.

Moderators: happywaffle, arclight

Postby happywaffle » December 23rd, 2012, 7:49 pm

This American LIVE did a rather complicated naive format where we recorded one half of an improvised conversation, then recorded the other half of a SECOND conversation on the same topic, then combined the audio files and played the result off the computer. The subject was "babies." The opening lines fit together magnificently:

Sam: "Would you like another Oreo?"
Me: "Yeah, I figure we could start in Nairobi and hit the orphanages, then go from there."
happywaffle

Postby poltergasm » December 23rd, 2012, 8:48 pm

happywaffle wrote:This American LIVE did a rather complicated naive format where we recorded one half of an improvised conversation, then recorded the other half of a SECOND conversation on the same topic, then combined the audio files and played the result off the computer. The subject was "babies." The opening lines fit together magnificently:

Me: "Yeah, I figure we could start in Nairobi and hit the orphanages, then go from there."

I think Kevin just kind of "best lined" himself. Is that allowed now? Cuz if so, I have a bunch of posts to make.
poltergasm

Postby happywaffle » December 23rd, 2012, 11:26 pm

poltergasm wrote:
happywaffle wrote:This American LIVE did a rather complicated naive format where we recorded one half of an improvised conversation, then recorded the other half of a SECOND conversation on the same topic, then combined the audio files and played the result off the computer. The subject was "babies." The opening lines fit together magnificently:

I think Kevin just kind of "best lined" himself. Is that allowed now? Cuz if so, I have a bunch of posts to make.

Well, the best line was totally unintentional on my part, but yes it was. So go ahead.
happywaffle

Postby Rev. Jordan T. Maxwell » December 24th, 2012, 12:51 am

it's allowed. it's just uncouth. ;)
Sweetness Prevails.

-the Reverend
Rev. Jordan T. Maxwell

Postby Justin D. » December 31st, 2012, 6:29 pm

"Be good and be good at it." -- Chuy Zarate in the last Austin Secrets show of 2012.

"I have some duct tape and some cookies." -- Courtney Hopkin as a mischievous senior citizen welcoming two kids into her apartment in the same Austin Secrets show.
Justin D.

Previous

Return to AIC General Discussion