aic potluck date?

Anything about the AIC itself.

Moderators: happywaffle, arclight

Postby Justin D. » October 27th, 2010, 4:24 pm

mpbrockman wrote:
EmilyBee wrote:Not maybe enough time this year, but what about a true community spirit thing that encourages people form the different theaters to play together/perform together for the presentation? I had a blast doing my presentation with Dave and Brockman last year, and it was a great way to get to know and work with others in the community I'd not known well before.

Yes to this. Emily - isn't this how we more or less met?

This sounds a bit like Same Year's Eve. I like the intention though. Have people put together their own presentations and awards to, well, present in front of everyone at a scheduled time. Just tell whomever's in charge what the award is for so we don't end up with four people honoring the same person, troupe, theater, whatever.

Zilker sounds fine to me. I suspect there would be a large number of people who would have every intention of going out to Driftwood, then come that day say "F*ck it - I don't feel like driving".

I could easily be one of them.

Same here. The closer, the better for me. I actually suggest Patterson Park off of Airport. It has plenty of picnic tables, a covered area, a playground for the kids (so they don't bother the adults who don't want to hang with the kids), and it's pretty equal distance between most of the theaters in town.
Justin D.

Postby Aden » October 28th, 2010, 8:55 am

I'll attend wherever you hold the event.

Also I love the idea of toasts!! That could be really fun!
http://www.artofchange.com
Change is inevitable. Progress is not. Discover the difference YOU can make.
Aden

Postby hujhax » November 8th, 2010, 11:57 am

(Is this still happening? Should I keep "7pm on the 21st" free?)

:mrgreen:

--
peter rogers @ work | http://hujhax.livejournal.com

If the human mind was simple enough to understand, we'd be too simple to understand it.
      -- Emerson Pugh
hujhax

Postby Jules » November 9th, 2010, 2:50 pm

Good question. If it is, I'd love to come and join in.
"Love is the ultimate outlaw. It just won't adhere to any rules. The most any of us can do is to sign on as its accomplice. Instead of vowing to honor and obey, maybe we should swear to aid and abet." Tom Robbins
Jules

Postby bradisntclever » November 10th, 2010, 4:14 pm

Good news! The potluck is still on track for the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Julie Lucas has graciously offered her backyard to us again. We're looking at a 5-9 timeframe there. We're still ironing out a few details, including the potluck organization.

As far as awards go, I think enough people were vocal about it to where we should avoid them. I'll make sure we get the Love Notes going again. If you're interested in helping to organize something for the event (would you like to be the Potluck Czar?), please contact me.

A special thanks to Andy Crouch for his help getting the potluck going this year.
Last edited by bradisntclever on November 10th, 2010, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bradisntclever
Site Admin

Postby bradisntclever » November 10th, 2010, 4:14 pm

A new thread will be created once we have more details.
bradisntclever
Site Admin

Postby James Snacker » November 10th, 2010, 10:53 pm

I call cornbread.
James Snacker

Previous

Return to AIC General Discussion