What's the Deal With Filling Workshops?

Anything about the AIC itself.

Moderators: happywaffle, arclight

Postby sara farr » May 23rd, 2010, 11:50 am

I would think that having the AIC somehow support theaters dropping their prices so local imps can afford to train with them would benefit the community -- more trained imps, better shows. Is it possible to offer scholarships through the AIC for promising improviser students? or Advance imps going through some upgrade/tune-up classes? At ACC we call this "Faculty Development" and the school pays for us to do it.
sara farr

Postby bradisntclever » May 23rd, 2010, 4:28 pm

sfarr2 wrote:I would think that having the AIC somehow support theaters dropping their prices so local imps can afford to train with them would benefit the community -- more trained imps, better shows. Is it possible to offer scholarships through the AIC for promising improviser students? or Advance imps going through some upgrade/tune-up classes? At ACC we call this "Faculty Development" and the school pays for us to do it.

If our budget was larger, this might be possible. As it stands now, I don't think this would make for the best use of AIC resources. We're committed to producing some more shows this year, and we'll have details as they develop.
bradisntclever
Site Admin

Postby jillybee72 » May 28th, 2010, 11:19 am

I've been asking people with more money to sponsor people with less money and it's actually working out. For every improvisor that lost their day job, there's another improvisor that has a kick-ass beaucoup bucks day job.
jillybee72

Previous

Return to AIC General Discussion